by Catherine Haug
Once gain, ESP will have a cider press available during Tamarack Time! on Saturday, October 13, 2012.
Who: All are welcome, and it’s FREE. You don’t need to buy the Tamarack Time ticket to get your apples pressed. However, donations to ESP are welcome, to help support our activities during the year.
What: Bring your rinsed apples and jars or bottles. 1 bushel of apples (48 pounds) makes about 3 gallons of cider, according to Jeffrey. Please bring extra bottles/jars, if you have them.
No groundfall, please (County requirement).
- Cider Pasteurization (prints on 3×5 index card)
- Fermenting Cider (Soft & Hard) (1 page, letter-size)
Check out photos and more:
- Jeffrey’s New Cider Press, Up and Running (made from found materials)
- Gathering Summary: Cider Press 2011
- Gathering Summary: Cider Press 2010
- Gathering Summary: Cider Press 2009
- The EssentiaList: Homemade Apple Cider (includes soft & hard cider recipes).
When: Saturday, October 13, 2012 from about 11 AM until all the apples are pressed. (Date IS confirmed)
Where: The deck of Mosaic (formerly La Provence), 408 Bridge St. in Bigfork
We need volunteers
Come help with washing, grinding, pressing and bottling; it’s tons of fun! For more information or to volunteer, contact:
- Cat(at)essentialstuff.org or 837-4577; or
- Edd(at)essentialstuff.org or 837-5196.
Check out the Gathering Summary: Cider Press 2009 to read about all the fun from last year, with photos, or for cider recipes.