By Catherine Haug, June 9, 2016
- What: Documentary, Fleeced, followed by panel discussion, Q and A session
- When: Wednesday June 15, 2016, 2 PM – 4 PM
- Where:FVCC Arts and Technology Building, 777 Grandview Dr., Kalispell MT
- Who: Older adults, their families and caregivers are invited to attend
- For more information: Call 758-2471; see also below for more detail.
The following is from the Flathead County Agency on Aging:
Older adults in Montana are continuing to fall victim to financial scams. As many as one out of every five seniors is a victim of financial exploitation, often perpetrated by family members. Flathead County and Montana Area Agencies on Aging are doing something about this issue with a campaign to educate the public and discuss this growing problem.
Older adults, their families and caregivers are invited to attend an event Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 2 4 4 PM at Flathead Valley Community College – Arts and Technology Building 777 Grandview Drive in Kalispell. A documentary film entitled “Fleeced” will be presented followed by a local expert panel discussing how seniors can protect themselves. The panel will include experts from the Office of the Montana State Auditor – CSA, Kalispell Police Detective Division, and Senior Medicare Patrol. Please attend and bring any questions you may have for them!! Call 758-2471 for more details.