by Catherine Haug, June 22, 2012
- What: Montana Co-op, a virtual farmers market for locally produced foods and Montana-made products, presented by the Co-op’s steering committee
- When: Wednesday July 18, 2012, 7 PM
- Where: Clementine’s, 265 Bridge St., Bigfork (South of the Old Steel Bridge & Power House). Stephanie’s delicious desserts, beer & wine for sale; coffee and tea provided. (Location confirmed)
- Who: Open to the public; no pre-registration required. Potential producers and customers are welcome. Free admission, but we appreciate donations toward use of the space for the evening.
Handouts & Poster: As soon as a poster becomes available, it will be added here. So far there are 5 pdf handouts:
- Montana Co-op: Feature and Highlights
- Montana Co-op – A regional food network <<new
- Montana Co-op Food Hub Distribution System (19 page pdf) <<new
- Montana Co-op: Questions and Answers
- Montana Co-op Member-Owner Form
The Montana Co-op steering committee will discuss the co-op and how it will work for both growers/producers, and customers. The Co-op is based in Ronan, but online access to Montana-grown foods brings it to your fingertips.
There will be a light sales pitch to gain new members (link is provided above, for the membership form; cost is $20 per person).