Summary by Catherine Haug
(Photo of ripening hawthorn berries by C. Haug)
The following is a short outline of the event. For the complete gathering summary, see our pdf file:
Veronica is a practicing traditional herbalist and reflexologist. A traditional herbalist is one who uses herbs from the local area. Ronny believes every area has most all the herbs needed to promote health and healing for people living in that area, and that herbs are healing foods. Sharing her knowledge through teaching is an important aspect of her work.
The use of herbs is simple and free, and very empowering. During her presentation, Ronny discussed:
- 20 specific local herbs
- How to store what is picked
- Basic herb teas
- Sun teas
- Making tinctures
For complete detail of her presentation, please see the Gathering Summary: Herbs & their Traditional Uses.
Ronny’s Recommended Books
- Health Through Gods Pharmacy, by Maria Treben (See Amazon for more: www.amazon.com/Maria-Treben-Through-Pharmacy-English/dp/B0006NZPLK). This is her top recommendation.
- Medicinal Plants of the Mountain West, by Michael Moore (See Amazon for more: www.amazon.com/Medicinal-Plants-Mountain-Michael-Moore/dp/0890134545)
- Medicinal Plants of the Pacific West, by Michael Moore (See Amazon for more: www.amazon.com/Medicinal-Plants-Pacific-Michael-Moore/dp/1878610317)
- The Herbal Medicine Makers Handbook, by James Green (See Amazon for more: www.amazon.com/Herbal-Medicine-Makers-Handbook-Home-Manual/dp/0895949903)
- Weeds of the West, edited by Tom Whitson (See Amazon for more: www.amazon.com/Weeds-West-Tom-D-Whitson/dp/0756711827)